请求翻译 请不要机器翻译 请求翻译 请不要机器翻译

作者&投稿:充苑 (若有异议请与网页底部的电邮联系)
查了大量资料,这篇文章成语太多了。就当自我学习 :)

Some problems are difficult to solve.
有些问题不好解决。
But there are a lot of number expressions that can help.
但有些数字公式能帮得上忙。
For example, if we put two and two together, we might come up with the right answer.
比如说,通过综合思考,我们就可能得到正确的答案。
We know that two heads are better than one.
我们知道三个臭皮匠顶个诸葛亮。
It is always better to work with another person to solve a problem.
两个人一起解决问题总比一个人努力来得好。
Sometimes there are no two ways about it.
有时候别无其它办法。
Some problems have only one solution.
因为有些问题只有一条解决之道。
You cannot be of two minds over this.
你不能左右摇摆,拿不定主意。
But with any luck, we could solve the problem in two shakes of a lamb’s tail.
运气好的话,我们可以立即解决问题。
We could have our answers quickly and easily.
迅速容易地得到我们要的答案。
Sometimes we can kill two birds with one stone.
运气好时我们可以一石二鸟,一箭双雕。
That is, we can complete two goals with only one effort or action.
即一次努力或行动达到两个目标。
But we must remember that two wrongs don’t make a right.
但我们要铭记在心别人错了不等于你对了。
If someone does something bad to you, you should not do the same to him.
如果有人冒犯你,你不应该以其人之道还治其人之身。
If you are going out with your girlfriend, or boyfriend, you do not want another friend to go along

on your date.
如果你和你的男(女)朋友外出,你不需要另一位朋友相伴身边。
You can just say to your friend: two’s company, three’s a crowd.
你只管告诉你的朋友:两人为伴,三人添乱。
When I was a young child in school, I had to learn the three R’s.
当我在校学习时,我要学“三个R”。
These important skills are reading, writing and arithmetic.
这些重要的技巧就是:读书、写字、算术。
These three words do not all start with the letter "R."
这三个字并非都以“R”字母开头。
But they have the sound of "R."
但都带有“R”的发音。
My teachers used to give three cheers when I did well in math.
数学考得好时,老师通常为我欢呼三声。
They gave praise and approval for a job well done.
为完美完成的事他们毫不吝惜赞誉之词
Some of my friends were confused and did not understand their schoolwork.
我有些朋友对学校课程学的一塌糊涂、懵懵懂懂。
They were at sixes and sevens.
乱七八糟。
In fact, they did not care if they finished high school.
甚至他们不在乎能否完成高中。
They saw little difference between the two choices.
二者在他们眼里毫无不同。
Six of one, half a dozen the other,tthat was their position.
大家都半斤八两,这即是他们的立场。
But they were really happy when they completed their studies and graduated from high school.
但当完成学业顺利从高中毕业他们也着实欣喜。
They were in seventh heaven.
他们感觉到了极乐世界。
They were on cloud nine.
乐颠颠如处九重天极乐之境。
Nine times out of ten, students who do well in school find good jobs.
在学校做的好的学生十有八九找到了好工作。
Some work in an office doing the same things every day at nine-to-five jobs.
早九晚五,每天在同一办公室里做同样的事情。
You do not have to dress to the nines, or wear your best clothes, for this kind of work.
在这里工作,你不必打扮得衣裤笔挺、光鲜照人。
Last year, one of my friends applied for a better job at her office.
去年,我的一位朋友想在她的办公室里申请一份更好的工作。
I did not think she would get it.
我想她是没戏的。
I thought she had a hundred to one shot at the job.
我认为她得到那份工作的概率是一百一。
Other people at her office thought her chances were a million to one.
她同一们办公室里的人认为她的机会是千分之一。
One reason was that she had been caught catching forty winks at the office.
因为她在办公室里打盹儿被当场抓住。
She slept at her desk for short periods during the day.
她白天在办公桌上睡了一会儿。
But her supervisor appointed her to the new job at the eleventh hour -- at the very last minute.
但她的上司在最后一刻任命她在在新工作上任。
I guess her lucky number came up.
我想她的幸运数字来了。

不会~~~

请求翻译 请不要机器翻译~

在美国的大多数的狗似乎有容易的生活。
他们很多睡得而且时常拿喂。
人们一天二次为一次散步带他们的狗以及让他们玩
外面。
当他们是不舒服或受伤的时候,狗得到医疗保健。
真是棒的生活啊! 权利?
好吧, 我们说和相似又无忧无虑的存在人享受一 "狗
生活。"
他们没有麻烦或职责。
当他们请, 整天睡觉的时候,他们能来而且去, 而且从不必须工作。

但是不每个人有它如此容易。
事实上, 一些人在 " 互相残杀世界 ." 中现场说我们
那意谓许多人正在为相同的事物竞争, 像好工作。
他们说是成功的, 一个人有对 "工作喜欢一只狗 ."
这意谓他们必须非常非常努力工作。
如此辛苦的工作能使人成为 " 疲倦极的 ."
并且, 如果他们变成了 "如一只狗的病人 ." ,情形会是平坦的更坏事
剧照, 人说 " 狗都有好运当头的一天 ."
这意谓每个人享受一个成功的时期在他的期间或她
生活。
是成功的, 人时常必须学习新的技术。
然而, 一些人说 "你能不曾班门弄斧, 自不量力 ."
他们相信,老年人不喜欢学习新的事物和不将会
改变他们做事物的方式。
一些人被与狗相较以坏的方式。
无情的或者正在不关心的人们能被描述为 "低劣的超过一
废物堆积场尾随。"
废物堆积场狗活的在地方中哪里人们丢弃事物他们不
想要。
低劣的狗时常用来保卫这财产。
他们吠或者攻击试着进入财产的人。
然而,有时一个人似乎很低劣的和胁迫但是
真的不是如此坏。
我们说 "他的吠声比他的咬坏 ."
一个废物堆积场对于一只狗不是一个有趣的地方。
在美国睡眠方面在他们的拥有者附近的安全的小房子的许多狗
' 回家。
这些狗窝提供庇护所。
然而他们在冬天可能是寒冷的和孤单的。
当他们而生气的时候,丈夫和老婆使用这一个 " 狗窝 " 期限每个
另外地。
举例来说,一个女人可能为晚回家因她的丈夫而生气或
忘记他们的婚礼周年。
她可能告诉他他是 " 被嫌弃 ."
她很好地才可能对待他,直到他道歉。
然而,丈夫可能决定,别管事物是最好的和
不产生较多的问题。
他可能决定 "对别惹沈睡的狗 ."
狗表达也用来描述天气。
" 夏天的大热天 " 是那年的最热天。
一个暴风雨可能冷却天气。
但是我们不想要它下雨太大。
我们不想要它 " 下倾盆大雨。”

当作学习吧,我试试^O^


Have you ever considered all the English expressions that include words about clothes?
你是否发现过,在众多英语表达中,包含了很多跟衣物有关的说法呢?
Let’s see if I can name a few off the cuff, or without any preparation.
让我们来看看我能不能在毫无准备的情况下即兴说出一些常见的、无须准备就可说出的话来。
People wear pants to cover the lower part of their bodies.
人们在婚姻中总认为伴侣不如自己,而希望让自己处于支配地位。
We sometimes say that people who are restless or nervous have ants in their
pants.
我们有时候总说那些焦虑不安、烦躁紧张的人是热锅上的蚂蚁。
They might also fly by the seat of their pants.
人们有时候总是自寻烦恼。
They use their natural sense to do something instead of their learned
knowledge.
人们通常以自身直觉代替学到的知识来作出行动。
Sometimes, people may get caught with their pants down.
有时候,人常常在忙得不可开交的时候雪上加霜的遇到一些烦恼事。
They are found doing something they should not be doing.
他们常被发现作一些自己不该作的事情。
And, in every family, one person takes control.
还有,在每个家庭中,通常只有一个人处于支配地位。
Sometimes a wife tells her husband what to do.
有时候妻子会告诉他的丈夫该作什么。
Then we say she wears the pants in the family.
那种时候我们就会说这位妻子掌握了这个家庭的发言权了。
Pants usually have pockets to hold things.
裤子通常都有用来放东西的口袋。
Money that is likely to be spent quickly can burn a hole in your pocket.
钱花得很快的时候就仿佛你的口袋被火烧穿了,变成了无底洞。
Sometimes you need a belt to hold up your pants.
有时候你需要一条皮带来栓住你的裤子。
If you have less money than usual, you may have to tighten your belt.
如果你手头很紧,那你就要勒紧裤腰带节衣缩食啦。
You may have to live on less money and spend your money carefully.
你可能就得依靠很少的钱生活,从而精打细算的花了。
But once you have succeeded in budgeting your money, you will have that
skill under your belt.
不过如果你一旦成功的对你的钱作好了预算并按照预算实施花消,你就会变得很有料了。(汗……这句没感觉,蒙的……)
I always praise people who can save their money and not spend too much.
我总是很赞赏那些节约钱财并且从不胡乱花消的人。
I really take my hat off to them.
我真的想向他们脱帽致敬。
Yet, when it comes to my own money, I spend it at the drop of a hat ?immediately, without waiting.
当然啦,当花我自己的钱的时候,我总是毫不犹豫就花个精光光呢
And sadly, you cannot pull money out of a hat.
更让人难过的是,你不能变魔法一般的凭空变出钱来。
You cannot get money by inventing or imagining it.
你不可能光凭想象和想要的欲望就能拥有金钱。
Boots are a heavy or strong kind of shoes.
靴子是一种比较结实比较重的鞋子。
People who are too big for their boots think they are more important than
they really are.
有些过于自负的人总认为自己了不起。
I dislike such people. I really do.
我不喜欢那种人,真的不喜欢。
You can bet your boots on that.
这种不喜欢坚定到你可以把你的家底压上来打赌呢。
Yet, truly important people are hard to replace.
是啊,真正重要的人是很难被代替的。
Rarely can you fill their shoes or replace them with someone equally
effective.
你几乎不能找到另一个同样的人或者即使几乎同样分量同样努力的人来代替他们都无法令人满足。
My father is an important person.
我爸爸就是个重要的大人物。
He runs a big company.
他经营着一家大公司。
He wears a suit and tie and a shirt with sleeves that cover his arms.
他总穿衬衣配西装打领带,弄得很正式。
Some people who do not know him well think he is too firm and severe.
有些不熟悉他的人会认为他太古板或过于严厉。
They think he is a real stuffed shirt.
他们会叫他老古董。
But I know that my father wears his heart on his sleeve.
但我了解我爸爸,他是个直肠子的人。
He shows his feelings openly.
他总是很直接的表达他的感受。
And, he knows how to keep his shirt on.
而且,他懂得坚持内心的原则。
He stays calm and never gets angry or too excited.
他总是保持冷静并且从不过于愤怒或激动。
Also, my father has never lost his shirt in a business deal.
还有,我爸爸从不曾在任何一个商业活动中丧失他的原则。
He is too smart to lose all or most of his money.
他已经聪明到不可能损失他的金钱了,不管是全部还是大部分。
This is because my father rolls up his sleeves and prepares to work hard.
这是因为我爸爸总是全神贯注全身心的投入于他的工作并且总是随时准备好的。
He often has a special plan or answer to a problem that he can use if he
needs it.
他总准备好了一个特别方案或者是某个问题的答案以备不时之需。
He is like a person who does magic tricks.
他就象个魔术师一样。
We say he has a card up his sleeve.
我们会说他胸有成竹

终于翻译完了……快晕了……